Saturday, August 11, 2012

Task 4: two in the dirt, one with a half loop, one in goal

This will be an informational update only. The funny story about a bear, a cooler and a Russian will come later today. The Task 4 day was super light. The views from launch are spectacular, but unfortunately my camera skills are lacking. Flystrong and Bonnie could do this place justice. And this computer I am using is not the easiest to see or type on so I want to make sure you all know that Alex is working overtime fixing these blurbs up.

Larry wind teched straight to the lower LZ, which did not get anybody up and running. Finally Alex (Nicole's Alex), with skills and zen like ability, got his Aspen 4 above launch. Feet started shuffling to the start gate. Jorge was off in his Peter Pan like launch. Dave was ahead of me but had a knot and stepped aside.

I launched perfectly and was getting lift straight off launch. But it was short lived, as the vaccum cleaner over the rock scrag sucked me to the tree line, the fate I had suffered the day before, and I headed toward low launch. This time me and at least 20 others were scratching, most to no avail. I did not know it, but Dave was just over my head and still scratching when I hit the dirt at the bombout LZ.

So Larry and I were off to Bruce, the goal LZ, to wait and watch for our team to arrive. Hey Joey, Larry finally bought me a Root Beer and you know it was pretty damn good. Almost washed away the saltiness of having dirted out.


Dave was the first to arrive after finishing only one loop of the trek to get him to 35 overall and Jorge came winging it in after doing the full tour to place him at 27 overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment